Marketing is as necessary for a business as oxygen to the humans. A business cannot run without the marketing of the products or services that you are providing. It plays an important role in the success of any business. Those days are gone when having a website of your business was just enough. Now you have to consider digital marketing as a tool to promote your business. It includes social media marketing, web marketing, Writing a blog, emails, online advertisement and SEO etc. As competition is fierce, companies chose different marketing techniques depending upon their target market. Traditional advertising (TV, Radio, bill boards, magazines and broaches etc) can be costly and boring. So the role of digital advertising can be more appealing to the customers. It is the future of the marketing. The World is becoming more digital day by day. It is commonly said that digital marketing will replace all forms of traditional marketing very soon.
Image Source- Ione-design.com
Characteristics of digital marketing
1. It is affordable and provides real time results as compared to traditional advertising. Companies can start advertisement with absolutely zero cost.
2. No matter the company is small or a giant one, it provides every business with an equal chance to grow and succeed.
3. Results are faster than the other ways of advertising. You can sort out a person’s query and enter him into your customer’s list.
4. Location doesn’t matter; you can connect to your customers at every part of the world. Finding a target market was never as easy as it is today.
5. Proper placement of your digital ad will lead you towards higher sales and higher revenues.
6. It is reaching out to the smart phones and tablets. Customers gather all the data about your company via different apps and websites.
7. It helps your business to gain consistent branding which leads you towards the highest market share.
8. It allows you to convert visitors of the website into the real customers. In Short potential customers are easy to be targeted.
Social Media Marketing
Nowadays, Social media marketing is an essential part of a business success. Social media users are increasing day by day. It is to be observed that by 2019 it will deliver the highest percentage of ROI (Return on Investment). Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest and LinkedIn are more commonly used social media platforms. If you have a number of followers then you have to take some steps to engage them. Social media marketing should include following features.
1. Post a relevant message about your business or product.
2. Listen to visitors properly and solve their queries if they have any.
3. Demand feedback and enable them to spread positive word of mouth of your business.
Web marketing refers to online marketing. Most of the websites allow spaces to advertise your business. You can place a relevant ad on a well-known website against a minimal fee. But what if you have no money for marketing? No problem. You can upload a video on YouTube or write a blog which requires absolutely zero cost. Proper web marketing should include following:
1. Post a diversified ad which is covering different perspectives of your business.
2. Place the ad in the right place that is most visible to web users.
3. Update your uploaded data regularly.
For consistent business growth, consider digital marketing. It will definitely give a boom to your business sales.